CPAK is operated by clinical psychologists for clinical psychologists. As a member of CPAK you will be represented by a professional body that seeks to ensure the ongoing protection and promotion of the specialization of clinical psychology. You will become part of a collegial professional community that shares resources, ideas and opportunities for continuing professional development, as well as support and professional viewpoints.
Types of Memberships
Full membership shall be open to any qualified psychologist with a clinical psychology qualification recognized in Kenya. Qualification will include any of the following:
- PhD in Clinical Psychology,
- Master of Science in Clinical Psychology or
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology.
The individual must have spent time under supervised clinical practicum/practice. Research without clinical practice will not qualify for full membership.
An individual full member shall pay an annual subscription of fee of 5000/=.
- Any postgraduate student in Clinical Psychology
- Medical Practitioners interested or engaged in mental health care.
- Psychiatric Social Worker
- Psychiatric Nurses
- Other professionals engaged in mental health care.
- Those pursuing paramedical training
- Any prominent citizen of Kenya whom the association may wish to invite to become a member.
- Any person who has made outstanding contribution to the field of psychology whom the association may wish to invite to become a member.
What do members receive by becoming members?
- Reduced fees at CPAK activities
- Direct open communication and correspondence with the CPAK regarding matters specific to Clinical Psychologists that keeps one informed of matters in the discipline
- Communications amongst fellow colleagues and assistance with queries
- Networking with colleagues that allows for consultation and referrals amongst colleagues
- Communications about workshops and seminars
- Advertising of practice on the CPAK website